Xchanged Inc. (“XCHANGED”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. We value your privacy that is why we require 100% Identity Verification to ensure the safety of your use of our services.
XCHANGED does not disclose nonpublic personal information about its customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law. The law permits disclosure of nonpublic personal information, for example, where it is necessary to effect, administer, or enforce a transaction requested or authorized by the customer, or in connection with the servicing or processing of a financial product or service requested or authorized by the customer. The law also permits such sharing where it is released to protect the confidentiality or security of our records pertaining to our customers, the services or products we offer, or the transactions we process or handle. The law also allows for the release of nonpublic personal information to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, identity theft, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability, as well as for resolving customer disputes or inquiries. The law further allows the release and/or disclosure of nonpublic personal information to comply with federal, state or local laws or regulations or other legal requirements, such as subpoenas or other legal processes. This list of examples of the types of sharing of information that is permitted by law is not meant to be comprehensive, but provides you with some basic information on some of the types of sharing permitted by law.
XCHANGED does not sell to or exchange customer lists or customer information with third parties.
XCHANGED restricts access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees and agents who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
By providing us a telephone number (including a mobile telephone number), you consent to receive either autodialed and prerecorded messages like text messages and calls from us. If we determine that a telephone number you provided is a mobile telephone number, you consent to receiving texts messages from us about your use of our service at that number, which we may do so in our sole discretion.
Information we collect
We may collect the following information, which may include non-public personal information about you in a variety of ways when you visit and register on the site, process a transaction, subscribe to our news feed, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and when you avail of other features we make available on our Site.
- Information that you provide such as your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number, cell phone number, as well as sensitive information such as your Social Security Number, Driver’s license or State ID information, credit card and/or bank account number.
- Information about your recipient such as their name, physical address, email address, and phone number. We may also collect from you their sensitive financial information including their bank account information.
- Information about your transaction such as the mode of delivery and the type of remittance service selected.
- Information that you provide us when you sign up for our promotional programs.
- Information about your transaction history, including your transmittal frequency, services used and your recipients.
- Information that we obtain to verify your identity from third party identity verification services, electronic database services, and credit reporting agencies.
Why we collect information
We collect information to verify your identity, process your transaction and payment for use of our service, comply with applicable laws and regulations relating to Anti-Money Laundering and Customer Information Program, or more commonly known as Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements that detect and prevent fraud, provide you with service updates, text updates and promotional offers, and to provide you with customer service support. Also to process your transactions; manage our consumer relationships; provide requested products and services; maintain your account(s); respond to court orders and legal investigations; report to credit bureaus; gather information about website access, usage and performance; enhance your consumer experience; validate your creditworthiness or your identity; and make risk decisions. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information we collect for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How we share information with others
- To third party service providers that we have contracts with to assist us in verifying your identity, detecting and fraud, and processing your transactions. These service providers are authorized to use your information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- To law enforcement, government officials or other third parties to respond to a formal request, subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure, or in circumstances when we believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, prevent physical harm or financial loss, report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- If XCHANGED is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets,you will be notified via email or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
How do we collect information
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- send or receive money, complete a payment or use or request other products or services from us or other financial companies
- submit information to us, our Agents or other third parties on applications, forms, and by other means
- use or visit our or other online sites (for example, to complete a transaction, manage your accounts, or provide your choices)
- enter a promotion, register for email alerts or marketing communications, or join a loyalty program
- use our mobile app or internet sites, such as xchanged.me/useportal/login
We also collect information about you from a variety of sources, including without limitation, computer systems and mobile devices; third party sources such as our business clients, government agencies, advertising agencies and networks, social media operators and networks, and other suppliers of information; and consumer reporting agencies. We may collect, track and combine information across devices, platforms and transaction channels.
Keeping your information secure is one of our most important responsibilities. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access,alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
To help protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we endeavor to use reasonable security measures. These measures can include physical, electronic and procedural safeguards such as computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We also endeavor to limit access to personal information to only employees, agents and representatives that need to know. Despite our efforts, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access your personal information, transmissions to us, or may wrongly instruct you to disclose information to them by posing as Xchanged or by misinforming you about our services. Always use caution and good judgment when sending money and when using internet and mobile technologies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.